Monday, December 6, 2010

Last Week of Semester

Yay!
It's the last week! I hope everyone is as relieved as I am! I still have so much to do, but I can at least see a faint glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. Also, I hope everyone is Summit is doing very well. I know I am and I think the girls are too. We are a little stressed about this ten page paper that is due Friday (Andrew!!!), but I think we will definitely be able to manage.

The girls and I have now finished up our hours for this semester at Lighthouse and I believe each of us came out at more than fifteen. Let's just say the Fall Festival really helped us out with that. But all of our hard work was worth it because we had so much fun at the event! Working at the Lighthouse has been great too, getting to know all of the workers who employ the different aged rooms in the church and of course, getting to hang with all the awesome kids!

On Saturday, the Drury Singers are singing with the Springfield Symphony at 2:30 in the O'Reilly Center. We have invited the kids and their families to come watch us sing and so far the RSVP has been wonderful! We will just have to get the tickets sorted out so they can all show up to the event in style. Personally, I am so excited about getting to show the kids a wonderful time at the Symphony!

And lastly, the Stress Free Now has been really relaxing. I have truly been enjoying every aspect of the program. I have learned so many new things about relaxation techniques and how to focus my thinking differently. My favorite part of the whole program will be Wednesday at 8:00 for me when I get my massage! I've been looking forward to it for the past seven weeks. It's going to feel so good!

So I hope everyone else is doing just as well as I am. Those of you who are overwhelmed, keep your head up! It will get better! In two weeks, maybe less, you will all be home sitting by your holiday decorations listening to bad holiday music wishing you were back in your own apartment instead of being nagged at by mom and dad, so cherish it!!

Love you all and Happy Holidays!
Deanna

No comments:

Post a Comment