Friday, November 19, 2010

A November with The Beacon

Hey guys!!

I can't believe it is already November! Talk of Thanksgiving, and Christmas has made me extremely excited about this month and the next. The Beacon group actually organized a Fall Fun Festival with The Lighthouse that was definitely an experience. The first part of our preparation included gathering all of our supplies. Once we had what we needed we got to work. We ended up baking over 120 cupcakes as well as at least 50 cookies to get ready for the festival. We put together all of the activities, and ended up having a really great day! The kids looked like they really had a good time, and the parents seemed to appreciate our efforts. In it was a great success.

I have also been volunteering in the lighthouse center with has most of all, been rewarding for me as a person. I love kids and getting to work with them once a week has shown me once again what a great place Lighthouse is and what an amazing job they are doing. I am actually proud to be contributing to such a cause.

As far as the roommates go, I still love them! Yes every once in a while a situation occurs, but it is always little and we work it out well. I am extremely thankful that I have these girls as my Springfield family. At first my interaction with the Summit community was pretty much nonexistent. The socials and the wellness classes have provided another way to actually connect with the group and establish a friendship. I absolutely love Summit and honestly wish I could live here for the rest of my time at Drury.

The one thing about this semester in Summit I will say I have not like is the Stress Free Now. I am being completely honest in hopes that it helps give a true feel for the experience with the program. It is often hard for me to fit it in to my schedule, and therefore really ends up stressing me out more than anything else. It has not provided me with the stress relief I was hoping for, and ends up just being another thing on my list of things I have to get done. This may be a successful course for students who decide that they have enough time for the commitment, but I do not and therefore it has not helped me much.

I look forward to seeing you today!!!
Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment