Friday, November 19, 2010

Lighthouse so far...

Hey guys!
Lighthouse has been so fun now that we have been able to be with the kids.  I have been able to work in both the infant room and the toddler room.  Mostly just feeding and playing with the babies.  When I was in the toddler room, they were just finishing lunch and getting ready for a nap so I helped get them all settled down.  One little girl doesn't take naps, so I just looked at some books with her haha.  They're all so cute! I helped the teacher in the Pre-K room clean and set up some stuff.  I went around the room and cleaned some of the toys.  Since they all touch the toys even if they are sick, it is important to clean them regularly.  I have learned a lot about child care so far.

The other girls have filled you in on the fall festival.  It was a huge hit! I worked at the pumpkin painting station and it was so funny.  We had enough pumpkins so many kids did like 1 or 2 pumpkins.  We did a lot of baking too haha which was so fun! I wanted to eat all of it... but oh well!  We also had like 5 of the swimmer girls help us out with this which was great and a huge help!  They worked some of the stations we had and were great with the kids.  I think the funniest part was watching molly do the pumpkin broomstick races with the kids and she would always "lose" her pumpkin so that the kids would win.  It was adorable.

As for the stress free program, I am going to have to agree with Molly.  I have been to keep up with it, but then it stresses me out when I forget or realize last minute that I need to do it.  Sometimes I remember it late at night and I am really tired.  I really like the concept, but I have found it a little more stressful sometimes than stress free.

That's all for now :)

Jessica Cross

No comments:

Post a Comment