Friday, April 15, 2011

Hey Summit!!

Hey Guys! Hope all is well.  Almost done with what has seemed like the busiest semester of my life.  I can't believe it's almost over though.  Tiff will be back on Monday from her meet in South Africa! Yay! Then we will have our easter egg hunt on wednesday and we are really looking forward to that.  Like Deanna said, getting ready for it will be a lot of fun!! We will take a night and fill all of the eggs with candy and stuff.  The kids will be so cute searching for them.  They love being outside, so hopefully the weather will be nice enough for them to do that.  I am still working on my hours, but since I have been a teacher aide as well this semester, balancing time has been hard with Nationals and being sick, but I am working on it! I have really enjoyed being with this group of kids.  Some days they are hard to handle, but they have been doing great now.

I think that the teachers have really appreciated us working there. I think that they needed our extra hands with the kids sometimes.  The kids also bond with us and love us being there with them.  Its fun sometimes for little ones to meet new people and get to have someone else there.  Lighthouse has really done a great job with their new facility.  I feel that it has been much more organized than the other location.  I know that we as a group have enjoyed working at this one more as well.  It is definitely different going between working at a high school (which is where my teaching is) to volunteering at a daycare.  It's fun to play cute games with them and just "be a kid" again.

When I first started lighthouse, I honestly didn't like working in any room but the infant room.  I have now grown to really like the preschoolers (of course still love the little babies).  I have a huge respect for preschool teachers and think that the lighthouse organization is doing a great thing! I hope they keep it up for many years to come.

-Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment