Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Hey Guys!

The summit swimmer girls are back in town! wooo!! and just in time for Spring Break too! haha.  I hope everyone is doing well and that your projects are going great.  I realized that I guess I completely forgot to blog last time... my bad :( sorry Andrew! But our project with Lighthouse is going well.  We plan on doing a little easter egg hunt with the kids when its closer to Easter, but other than that we have just been volunteering.  They have put us in assigned rooms or jobs that are a little different from what we did last semester.  I am now working in what they call the green room which are the kids that are between the ages 3 and 5.  I have to admit that I will definitely not be going into the "young childcare" career, haha but it's fun.  I work in the classroom between about 9 to 11, which is before lunch and their nap, so you can tell which kids are ready for their nap... 

The overall experience has been great at Lighthouse though.  I have learned to work in an education environment.  So even though I want to work in the Secondary education atmosphere, it still is a good experience.  I especially like it there now because lighthouse has moved to a new location that is way nicer than the other place, in the sense that the rooms are nice and big.  They painted them light colors and make them very kid-friendly.  

Ok well see you guys after break! 

-Jessica 

No comments:

Post a Comment